The Housing Trust Fund (PHARE) is a flexible funding source!
PHARE expands opportunity for people and communities in need by funding a plethora of local housing initiatives.
Specific funding opportunities include:
The program provides funding for the following:
(1) Projects to provide safe and sanitary dwellings for sale or rent to low-income and moderate-income individuals or families.
(2) Projects to increase the availability or quality of housing for elderly persons.
(3) Projects to increase the availability or quality of accessible housing for persons with disabilities.
(4) Projects to prevent or reduce homelessness.
(5) Projects to encourage the development and rehabilitation of distressed neighborhoods.
(6) Projects to provide mortgage or rental assistance, including housing counseling, foreclosure prevention and refinancing products.
(7) Projects to provide loans, low-interest loans or grants to low-income and moderate-income individuals or families who are owner-occupants for repairs and improvement to sustain or increase the conditions of the home.
PHARE Project Summaries: A list of past projects funded by PHARE
Real People Real Results
A snapshot of how Pennsylvania’s State Housing Trust Fund PHARE is working.